Real Life Comics

Forums updated to 3.0.11

Talk about whatever you feel like.

Forums updated to 3.0.11

Postby Martin Blank on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:41 am

I think I have all the code updated. Please do report anything that you find, especially since some of the CSS entries weren't consistent between Prosilver and the Reallife theme. It looks OK to me at a glance, but there may be errors. Let me know if you find anything.
If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
Martin Blank
Knower of Things
Knower of Things

Forums updated to 3.0.11

Postby ampersand on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:27 pm

I didn't know where to put this, but Tapatalk has released version 2 of their Tapatalk iPhone app, which is much better than version 1. Seems like there's no problems to address with the new version so far.
ampersand
Crazy Person

Blog: View Blog (10)

Re: Forums updated to 3.0.11

Postby Martin Blank on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:52 pm

They do a pretty good job on backward compatibility. We should still be in good shape there as I haven't seen any new code from them (they e-mail me when the code here is out of date).
If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
Martin Blank
Knower of Things
Knower of Things

Postby Deacon on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:40 am

Amp, are you sure about that? Their Android app is the most recent to be modified, on version 2.4.10, last updated this past Saturday, January 19, 2013. Their iOS app (which is what I use) is "only" on version 1.15.1, last updated December 5, 2012. Their Blackberry app has gone the longest without an update, at 1.4.7.9 on August 1, 2012.
Eric (the Deacon remix)

The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922
Deacon
Shining Adonis

Forums updated to 3.0.11

Postby ampersand on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:38 am

I'm sure about it because I'm typing on it now. You do have do purchase it on iTunes because its meant to be a "premium" version of Tapatalk 1, and for only smartphones. Tapatalk 1 is still good for iPad & tablets. I thought I read they also released version 2 for android.
ampersand
Crazy Person

Forums updated to 3.0.11

Postby Deacon on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:14 am

Ugh. It looks like it's a whole new app. Why does it exist instead if being an update to the existing paid version like I'm using now? And it's called "Tapatalk 2" regardless of the version number. And unlike the Tapatalk I paid for, it charges another $5 if you want the iPad version. Blech. Chinese developers. We've taught them too well.
Eric (the Deacon remix)

The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922
Deacon
Shining Adonis

Forums updated to 3.0.11

Postby Deacon on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:35 am

I'm posting this from the awkwardly named Tapatalk 2. Seems a little nicer and better I guess. Meh. It's quicker and easier to edit your posts, and the multi-page navigation is much easier which helps if you're taken to an old post. The "participated" feature doesn't appear to work, and I still really loath when developers utilize the fantastic pull-to-refresh gesture but don't reveal the date/time it was last successfully updated. It's a very simple piece of legitimately useful information. The original had it; why remove it for the "improved" version? And of course it still has the problem it had before of text you type being hidden under the camera tweet and ellipsis bar at the top of the keyboard.
Eric (the Deacon remix)

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Postby FirebirdNC on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:24 am

Eric I like how the post complaining about the updated app cost and the post where you are using it are 21 minutes apart. Way to hold out and stick it to the man :)
~Insert clever bon mot here~
FirebirdNC
Mad Hatteras

Forums updated to 3.0.11

Postby Deacon on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:29 pm

Well I'm also a sucker for a shiny new piece of tech :)
Eric (the Deacon remix)

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Postby ampersand on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:38 am

I didn't see where Taptalk 2 has a iPad version. That was suppose to remain with 1. Anyway, I like it and it looks better, which admittedly goes a long way for me. And while I did delete version 1, I can reload it if something about version 2 goes fubar.
ampersand
Crazy Person

Return to General Chat