Real Life Comics

OMFG RLF 2007 EUROPEAN MEETUP!!2314hamster

Getting to know all about you... Introductions? Looking to meet up with fellow forumites in your area? Not in your area? For all of these, this is the place to go.

Alright, so you all know Greg and Liz are coming to the UK a convention in a tent. Now, assuming that they don't get flooded out of the tent and washed away DUE TO ALL THE RAIN WE HAVE HERE IN ENGLAND, they will hopefully be staying past the end of the con. So, I'm proposing a meetup somewhere between the 6th and the 10th, currently (that's a monday - friday) or maybe the weekend, depending on how long they're staying in the UK. They don't know yet, and neither do I, so I can't tell you.

So. Provisional information:

Date: A Day on the 6th - 10th of August (provisionally)
Time: Most of the day
Place: I think London. Greg, Liz and myself will be close and all trains go there, pretty much. If someone can make a really compelling case for somewhere else, then I'll consider it, but it'll have to be pretty amazing.

If getting back to where you live is really impossible, I MAY be able to put you up at my place, but it's only a one bedroom, and I don't have that many pillows, so bring sleeping equipment and be prepared to share a floor with others.

That's about it for now. More as I know it.
Sloth: Am I a year behind already?
February was some lyrics or quotes month or something. I don't even remember what year all this was.
Gowerlypuff
Crazy Person

I now need moneys and an excuse... I can think of something!
Roberpb0270
Crazy Person

I'm sure Puff would be thrilled if you could make it.
Terrene
Crazy Person

Blog: View Blog (9)

I'm almost sure to be teaching Summer School but you'll be the second to know if I'm free.
Shame, really. I was looking forward to bewildering Americans, making inappropriate, drunken remarks to Liz and having various nationalities wanting to smack me around.
"Owen, you must hide this baby, at all costs, from Anakin Skywalker."

"Okay. Should we continue to call him Luke Skywalker?"

"Seems fine."
Rorschach
Crazy Person

Blog: View Blog (3)

come up to Harrogate! or Leeds, Then I wouldn't have to conjure as much money, and I'll more likely be able to make it >.>
Roberpb0270
Crazy Person

Doesn't look like I'm gonna have the cash; unless Greg and Liz want to make a trip to historic Bath during their stay this side of the Atlantic. :P
BtEO
Crazy Person

We shall see. I might try dragging them to Swindon, so bath isn't much further down the line.
February was some lyrics or quotes month or something. I don't even remember what year all this was.
Gowerlypuff
Crazy Person

that's still int he south counties... ALL OF IT! well darn, I guess I probably won't make it this year then. :?
Roberpb0270
Crazy Person

Who knows if there will be a second year? This might be your only chance.
Lizzegirle
Forum Queen

Aged at 16 and being of no consistent flow of money,I very much doubt I'd be able to get to the south counties from North Yorkshire. If nothing else, my parents wouldn't trust me alone in London. Be afraid I would be attacked by a Chav or something. But if it doesn't happen I guess i could try one of the US meetings once I graduate and begin attending college but who knows. :glare:
Roberpb0270
Crazy Person

Well we have asked for the dates of August 1st till August 14th. They haven't bought the tickets, but we can't leave earlier than that due to San Diego Comic Con and I have a prior engagement for the 17th. But going to a strange country with someone I have never really talked to seems a little creepy. Gowerly stayed at our house for a week, so we know him pretty well. Plus, the convention would probably like us to fly in somewhere where they can pick us up and take us themselves.
Lizzegirle
Forum Queen

I would really like it if they would book our tickets too. They aren't even responding to my emails anymore. =/
Lizzegirle
Forum Queen

Jez and I looked up the numbers involved. They're not that big when taking the train. We were depressed by them, actually, in context of any kind of European meet.
If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
Martin Blank
Knower of Things
Knower of Things

Huh, why? because it was quite cheap to travel by train?
Gowerlypuff
Crazy Person

I don't think that Europe representz y'all as much as it once did on the forums. That seems to be the problem more than distance. Where are all the European posters?

I think I'll do a poll.
"Owen, you must hide this baby, at all costs, from Anakin Skywalker."

"Okay. Should we continue to call him Luke Skywalker?"

"Seems fine."
Rorschach
Crazy Person

Blog: View Blog (3)

Next

Return to Getting to Know You...