Things that will help you out on RLF- Part one.
- Thick Skin- Don't take it personal. These are words on an internet forum. WORDS. INTERNET. WORDS. INTERNET.
- A sense of humor- And no, thinking RLC is funny doesn't count. If you can't crack a joke, take a joke, or at least understand when something is a joke, then you aren't a person who is wanted on the forums.
- Not making a "I'm leaving" thread- Really, most of the time, we just laugh at you.
- Knowing when to shut your piehole- If a thread discussing Topic A gets locked, this is not your cue to open a new thread about Topic A.
- Lurking- Take a few days to just poke around on RLF. Get a feel for the atmosphere and the dorks/nerds/blowhards/assholes you'll be dealing with. That way, when you post something and one of them replies, you won't be shocked by their reply. Protip: I'm one of the assholes. Collect the set!
- Coherency- Spelling. Grammar. Unless English isn't your first language, you've got no reason not to have a good grasp of both.
- Fanboys- No. No. NO. Unless you've got decent arguments as to why your item/ideal of choice is superior and can back them up, don't even start arguing about them.
- Furries- God hates furries, and so do I.
- SEMANTICS- SEMANTICS!!1111 (lawl forum in-joke)
- You want to ask a question about the forums or whatever? Do it! Message someone with a bunch of posts under their belt, they'll be happy to answer it.
- DO NOT MAKE THREADS ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT GREG OWNS THE MASTER SWORD.
- Stop assuming that because you've been reading the comic for a gazillion years you're any less of a newbie on the forums. You ARE a newbie, suck it up and deal. (Contributed by Mandor.)
"Soth, you truly exemplify the gallant, hopeless romantic.." Lunatic Jedi