RLF meet 2005?

Talk about whatever you feel like.
Garr_The_Sane
Crazy Person

RLF meet 2005?

Post by Garr_The_Sane » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:02 pm

well,... i'm thinking about spending some time in New Orleans in early/mid 2005,.... and there's alot of you guys i'd like to meet while i'm the US,. but being the poor student I am,.. I can't afford to buzz all over the US,...

so I was wondering,. any one interested in getting together for a weekend in New Orleans in 2005?
it's along way off, so i'm just throwing out the idea to see if anyone's interested,... so how about it? :D

Evil Hobgoblin
Crazy Person

Post by Evil Hobgoblin » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:06 pm

It's funny you should mention this, because I'm planning to meet some people from a different forum in NO for Mardi Gras next year, 2004.

2005 I am planning to be in Las Vegas for the opening of Star Wars Ep. III with people from said forum.

Edit: Leeloo mentioned something about going to the 2005 meet in her Leia costume, for all those who will get drool factor out of that knowledge. :)
Last edited by Evil Hobgoblin on Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Image[/center]

Goddess of thy Coconut
Crazy Person

Re: RLF meet 2005?

Post by Goddess of thy Coconut » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:06 pm

B-b-but...I'm scared to...

/me looks around at Soth and TheDuke :shifty:

*shudders*

Circe
Pitchspork Queen

Post by Circe » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:13 pm

They are normal human beings. Maybe if you took the time to get to know them outside of the real life community, you would not find them all that scary.
Nothing tears apart a family like a pack of rabid wolves.

SevTiZ
Crazy Person

Post by SevTiZ » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:18 pm

hmm... sounds like it could be fun, if Greg and Liz would be willing to make it an "Official" RLF gathering. If leeloo's cosplaying as Leia, then I'm cosplaying as Silent Bob... hmm... might wanna stop shaving now so I can have the beard then, other than that, I've already got everything I'd need leftover from Halloween '02...

YEAH, SOUNDS LIKE FUN!

and to think, all I could come up with was taking a weekend to DRIVE up there and visit Liz in the hospital. then my sane side said "No, you can barely keep up with your car payments as is! How are you going to pay for the extra gas and food! And I KNOW you won't go all the way up there without a get-well-soon gift for the lady! No, no, no!"

damn sane side. oh well, at least THIS way, I'll have at least a year to plan for it... like I've had a year to save up for school... ohhh... crap.
Last edited by SevTiZ on Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skorpion
Crazy Person

Post by Skorpion » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:24 pm

I'm planning to be in America on my gap year around then.
Skorpynekomimi [FGTL]
Nyaow!
What scares me? Mobile phones, bad driving, and brake lights.
(Spend some time drafting traffic on a bike and you'll understand the last one)

gravity
Crazy Person

Post by gravity » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:26 pm

Ooh, Mardi Gras! ^.^

And Creole speaking people! Grav says let's do it! ^.^

Garr_The_Sane
Crazy Person

Post by Garr_The_Sane » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:37 pm

gravity, and don't forget,. VOODOO!!!!

and jazz clubs!!,... JAZZ CULBS!!!! Jazz clubs you can sit in without feeling like an idiot!!!,..... and the highest rate of alcoholisum and suicide in the US :D

and for all who will be old enough to drink,.. I'll buy you all a drink at the Olde Absinthe house!,.. :D

Teranfirbt
How Funky Strong?

Re: RLF meet 2005?

Post by Teranfirbt » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:42 pm

[quote="Goddess of thy Coconut";p="221625"]B-b-but...I'm scared to...

/me looks around at Soth and TheDuke :shifty:

*shudders*[/quote]

I cant speak for duke, but i know soth is out here in oregon with me... i dont think you will have anything to fear from him out there.
I really need a new sig....
Deacon wrote:I don't think my birth canal can handle it
Portland %#!&ing Oregon
Just Beat It, Beat It
No One Wants To Be Defeated
Showin' How Funky Strong Is Your Fight
It Doesn't Matter Who's Wrong Or Right

chaos42
Crazy Person

Post by chaos42 » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:50 pm

Garr...I can't promise anything this far out but if I have the finances, I'm game. You are probably at the top of the list of people from the forums I would most like to meet. And New Orleans is probably at the top of the list for places in the US I'd most like to visit...

As I'm turning 24 tommorrow you can most certainly buy me a drink...Smuggle in a bottle of authentic absinthe while yer at it for the hotel room party! (okay...well, maybe not)

Calus
Crazy Person

Post by Calus » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:51 pm

Not scared of me?

I might be able to get around to it in 2005.
Edward "Snugglepants" Van Helgen: What! You shot my banjo!

"Do I hear voices? I guess so. I don't worry though, because I have learned to ignore them. They keep telling me the Cubs will win the World Series." Calus

Garr_The_Sane
Crazy Person

Post by Garr_The_Sane » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:55 pm

Well i'm not looking for promises or anything definete,..... i'm going to be in the area anyway,.. so I just want to know if anyone wants to meet up at the time :D

Kits
Crazy Person

Post by Kits » Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:03 pm

I'm there! And I turn 21 in 2004 so I'll be legal drinking age too! Oh, and I agree with Chaos, sneak in some Absinthe for the after party in the hotel! Oh, and I could try to get a few cheap hotel rooms if I'm told far enough ahead of time.

chaos42
Crazy Person

Post by chaos42 » Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:05 pm

[quote="Garr_The_Sane";p="221651"]Well i'm not looking for promises or anything definete,..... i'm going to be in the area anyway,.. so I just want to know if anyone wants to meet up at the time :D[/quote]

If this does go down I'd probably drive so up to 3 people between Champaign, Illinois and New Orleans possibly could get in on a car pool if you weren't tooooooo far off the route.

Garr, I will earmark part of my budget next year for the trip. Post more details when you have dates.

Garr_The_Sane
Crazy Person

Post by Garr_The_Sane » Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:28 pm

[quote="chaos42";p="221665"]
Garr, I will earmark part of my budget next year for the trip. Post more details when you have dates.[/quote]

will do,...
I could try to get a few cheap hotel rooms if I'm told far enough ahead of time.
KitsuneMusume, that would be great if you could :D ,.. I'll let you know as soon as I could any dates or anything,... but that could be a little while,.. once I get back from eastern Europe I'll have abtter idea as of dates and stuff,..

I'll keep you all posted :D
but for now, keep posting if you're interested! :D