Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Complain or gush all you like - this is the place to do it.
Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Re: Son of Rantettes & Ravettes

Post by Rorschach » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:45 am

It’s not a phrase we use so it’s thanks to this show that I’ve learned what ‘gish gallop’ means.
To Let

Deacon
Shining Adonis

Post by Deacon » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:07 pm

Rorschach wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:45 am
It’s not a phrase we use so it’s thanks to this show that I’ve learned what ‘gish gallop’ means.
I've never heard that before, and it's perfect.
The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. - Helen Rowland, A Guide to Men, 1922

Seannery
Crazy Person

Talking to the wind (in a milk white gown)

Post by Seannery » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:39 pm

mysecret wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:58 pm
2. Within the next 5 years calling customer services will be something very few people do and within 10 years call centres will be all gone. Everything will be AI driven chat bots or app self service. If you've used chat to speak to an actual company, and it's a big company, chances are that you've experienced AI chat already during some of that interaction without knowing it.
Note: this isn't at you---you just reminded me that:
Rant: All I wanted was to describe the issue, let you work on it without further molestation, and get notice when, only when, you've figured out how to solve the underlying problem, how I'll be reimbursed---you don't.. you give me a phone number---answered by a [stet]human robot that[/stet] doesn't listen to my phrases or doesn't care, or tell me to `chat' with you a computer robot, that, too, doesn't read my phrases or doesn't care. Where is your `complain' form? You used to have one.. Sure, I could post a letter---I do: it costs me ink, paper, envelope, postage,, my mind, my oh, so precious mind. I don't mind that too much, but you don't reimburse my costs---I'm sure you have your own, but they'd be less if you computerized it. If you kept it computerized. Did you count the trees you're killing? or how many poorer, still profitable customers, you're refusing to serve? You certainly don't seem to know or care that you're discriminating against persons with certain medical conditions that make synchronous communication painful or difficult---and no, I'm no proof against these words: merely `high functioning;' it still hurts.
Do tell me, always, in what way I'm not good.. I'm not used to silent tolerance.
Why can't you just love her?

auntmousie
Crazy Person

Post by auntmousie » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:15 am

Seir wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:03 am
Rave: My state just voted to legalize marijuana.
Nice!

My state just decriminalized small possession (i.e. without intent to sell) of all(?) drugs, and legalized medical mushrooms.
When all is said and done, more is generally said than is done.
Ask me anything - no, really - but be warned: I will answer. If you didn't want to know... don't ask.

Rorschach
The Immoral Immortal

Post by Rorschach » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:50 am

auntmousie wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:15 am
Seir wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:03 am
Rave: My state just voted to legalize marijuana.
Nice!

My state just decriminalized small possession (i.e. without intent to sell) of all(?) drugs, and legalized medical mushrooms.
I fully expect rambling and good-natured posts from you both about how comfortable your socks are.
To Let

τ > π
Crazy Person

Post by τ > π » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:03 pm

Rant: Got hospitalized. Kept me too long.
Rave: Checked-out yesterday. I love my bed.
Rave: Weekly psychotherapy. Started tuesday.
Rant: I hate telehealth.